According to The Knot, adding a photo booth to a wedding reception is one of 10 ways to add a “wow factor” to the event. Photo booths are the latest phenomenon at weddings and for a good reason: they are an unexpected, fun and unique concept that spice up your reception. So, among the plethora of photo booth vendors in the marketplace, how do you ensure that you are picking the right one? Here, we have listed the top 5 things that you must look out for before hiring your photo booth company.
1. Know the product/service well. This may be an obvious one, but not all photo booths are the same. Here are the top features you should pay attention to:
- Appearance: Your photo booth should be stylish and inviting enough to lure your guests in. The successful photo booth will set the right vibe at your reception and compliment your wedding. Check!! Have you seen our booth? It's Gorgeous!!!
- Functionality: Make sure that they offer black-and-white options and have an easy push button option.
- Print quality: You should ask to see prints to check the picture and paper quality. Check!! We use studio-grade professional dye sublimation printers. (google it, I know, it's a weird word...)
- Size: There are two aspects of size that you need to reconsider. First, does the photo booth fit in the space allocated? Second, how many people can the photo booth accommodate? Many photo booths will claim high capacity but it is best that you inspect the booth yourself.Check!! We offer 3 setups to suit your needs - an elegant 8' ft x 8 ft lounge with beautiful white curves to compliment any decor, a stand-alone pod, or a red-carpet style with backdrop. We've had from 1 to 13 people in there! It's all about the placement.
- Customization: The company should be able to customize the booth décor to fit your wedding theme as well as provide template choices for your photo strips. Check!! We customize everything - from the photo layouts, to the props; plus we can add custom graphics to our kiosk to suit any branding requirements.
- Test it: If possible, we highly recommend that you experience the photo booth yourself. There are many benefits to this: not only can you check on its ease of use and photo strip printing speed but you also get a better visualization of how it will fit in your reception. Check!! Visit us in our office, or come to an event to see us in action!!
3. Get to know the company. Speak with the vendor on the phone and if possible, meet with him/her. It is critical that you feel comfortable working with the vendor and know that he/she is reliable, professional, honest and able to provide you with excellent customer service on your big day. If possible, it is also a good idea to meet with the host who will be serving you on your wedding day. You want someone who is easy going, fun and outgoing and able to make your guests feel comfortable. As the owner, I am at 90% of my events. I invite you to call me directly (203) 238-4895
4. Check out their reviews or ask for references. Yes!! Please ask for our references!!! Our clients love us, and so will you. Since the photo booth concept is fairly new, there are many new photo booth rental companies that popped up recently and some of them have very limited experience. Although they may offer extremely low rates, they may provide subpar service and quality. It is critical that you look for reviews online or/and ask for references to ensure proven track of reliability and service. The more detailed the reviews are, the more genuine the customer feels about the vendor.
5. Ask about backup plans. The unexpected unfortunately happens sometimes. You should inquire about backup equipment in case of technical failure. We bring backup gear to your event The key here is to figure out how vendors have dealt with stressful situations in the past.