- To accelerate the time it takes to transform your vision into reality
- Leverage experts’ education, experience and contacts
- Saves you time – experts have 10,000 hours invested in their expertise
- Saves you money – experts continually invest in educating themselves
- The BIG reason most people don’t consider is – hiring an expert saves your reputation – experts try many ways to accomplish their goals, they experience many failures in the process so you can save your reputation by learning from their mistakes and successes!
1. Review their history
2. Testimonials from previous clients
3. Education – do they stay current in their area of expertise?
4. Organizations they belong to and their roles in those organizations – do they take leadership roles or admin roles, how involved are they? Are they over extended?
5. Blogs, Articles, and Social Sharing they have written
6. Watch their videos
7. Their frequently asked questions
8. Their Photo gallery – who do they know?
9. Do they collaborate with other experts - create solutions
10. Interact with the expert before hiring them
- Engage with them via their blogs and social media
- Converse on an online chat, phone, or email
- Skype video call
- Face to face interview
- Check their references
- Interview candidate – explain what you want to accomplish, give a dead line and ask them to explain to you what they understand your needs to be
- Ask for a written proposal
- Payments in increments – when accomplish milestones
- Engage and review regularly – 30 days, 90 days, etc. depending on project/event
1. Hire your brother-in-law
2. Many people tell others their idea and they say great – I’ll help you – well if you both don’t have any experience it will take a long time to implement
3. Get discouraged
4. When you tell others your ideas many small thinkers will laugh at you and tell you that you are crazy – many people give up before they get started
5. Ever give up – remember it’s not how many ideas you start to implement – it is how many you finish that count!
You can’t always be an expert, you can’t always know an expert but you can always hire an expert.
Content from: http://blog.mavenlink.com/why-hire-an-expert